Media Bio (Short)
Andrew is CEO of The Best Postcards, a full-service marketing company helping Home Services companies grow brand, create leads, and drive sales.
Media Bio (Long)
Andrew’s company, The Best Postcards, specializes in helping home services businesses grow brand, generate leads, and boost sales.
Servicing 700+ clients in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roofing, doors, windows, and more, the company is growing rapidly and finding success with its unique direct mail product.
In late 2021, Andrew, his wife, and two children moved to Costa Rica, where Andrew is not only able to run his Connecticut-based print company, but also spend more time with his family on a variety of adventures.
But it wasn’t always this way.
When he was 26, he was a Senior Vice President at Morgan Stanley, with more than $100,000,000 under management.
Thinking of himself as a self-proclaimed “genius,” he fell into a gluttonous lifestyle: too much partying, too many drugs, and too many mistakes.
Then 2001 came, and his world fell apart. In the span of a few months, he went from being a millionaire to a homeless, couch-surfing young man seeking to piece his life back together.
Since then, he reinvented himself, rediscovered his passions, and started The Best Postcards. How he did that is a story worth digging into, but a warning: it’s not for the faint of heart!
About The Best Postcards
At The Best Postcards, we provide an innovative direct mail program that creates more leads and sales. We build programs from the ground up. No fancy talk. No fakeness. Just fundamentals that work.
We help you acquire, engage and retain clients. Our products establish mindshare, a long game that helps you build a strong business. It requires time and frequency.
We use real data and analytics to create 3d heat maps to help us determine who your ideal prospect is and how to reach them on a granular level.
We then show you how to keep them. 75% of your business comes from referrals and existing clients. Imagine never losing your clients, selling them your other products, and not going up against 15 other bids!
We supply matchback reports and hold-out tests in which areas are selected to receive mail and areas are selected not to receive mail. They are all methods to prove without the slightest doubt how direct mail added as a layer significantly outperforms the homes that did not receive mail. All this is generated using your raw data and then simply plotting new business on a map comparing the areas.
Call tracking is a digital hack job for the agencies to credit branded keyword searches and then charge you for them. The digital media era has created a space where all leads are sent to an online platform before action is taken. If this were not the case, would there be any value in Google reviews? I got a 2.5-star rating just doing offline marketing, so the consumer never sees it. Bullshit!
Seed, cultivate, and harvest. These are the fundamentals, and our offerings ensure ROI. The products create a consumer journey that closes business. From prospect mailers to current client mailers to thank you cards, a formula of total service. We’ve used these same tools to create top-of-mind & trusted brands like Terminix, TruGreen, Smoothie King, Renewal by Anderson, and Allstate.
We are a multimedia marketing company that started with a highly successful direct marketing product. By taking a no-nonsense approach, we’ve been able to provide our clients with the success and ROI you only imagine in your dreams.
We are proud of our expansive growth because we’ve worked damn hard for it. We started locally and kind of went loco. No matter what the niche, we’ve been knee-deep in it for a while. HVAC, Dental, Fitness, Food, Home improvement, mosquitoes, Trees, Landscaping, and the list goes on.
Our business blew up fairly quickly as people realized most marketers are full of shit. So while we’ve taken on clients you’ve all heard of and big national brands, we still make it our mission to help hardworking business owners build themselves up. We know what you need: A constant flow of clients while keeping the competition at bay.
We are not just a team of business-minded people; we’ve become a family by becoming partners with our clients. It’s our business to build your business, or we don’t have a business.
We canvas millions of homes and humans. We help businesses across two countries, and we aren’t even close to slowing down.
Our products are priced competitively and are constantly evolving. We can design, print, ship, collect data, and pivot to penetrate the most challenging markets by creating a wholly controlled production process. Same-day graphic turnaround and into the mailing system within two business days of art approval.
Do we like being good at our jobs? You bet! We’re not just good, we are the best. 97% of our clients run campaigns monthly with no contracts and never leave.
We are consultants, not direct mail order takers. We become partners with your business and offer your territory exclusivity. As a result, we are the only medium in which every targeted person is guaranteed to get a complete impression, one that hits all your senses even if you are throwing it out.
Name another medium that has an average shelf life of sitting on your counter for 17 DAYS. Then, attack your competitors where they are not, and build a model barrier to entry so they can never penetrate no matter how much money they throw at it.
When interviewing Andrew, no question is off-limits. You are allowed to ask anything.
To aid in your interview preparation, the following questions are thought-starters that give you an opportunity to dig into Andrew’s unique background.
Of course, put them in your own, natural voice, re-order them based on your sense of what makes a good story/interview. Here are questions about Andrew’s life and background:
- I’ve been told you have an amazing backstory, but before we get there: Tell me about the company you lead, who your clients are, and what you do for them?
- My audience likes to know how ordinary people move beyond difficulty in life and work and reach success. One reason why my reach on LinkedIn exploded is that I share messages of positivity and hope, which the world really needs right now. So I’d like to dig into your story and understand what got you here, as I think it will inspire many: In your 20’s, I know you became very wealthy. How did that happen?
- Some people, with so much money and power, begin to mix drugs into their daily life … as a way to escape the pressure, enhance the highs that come with making money, or numb the lows that come with market swings. Was this ever a factor for you?
- What happened in 2001 when the market crashed? I heard it was so bad, you ended up living on your friend’s couch. Is that true?
- Some people would turn to crime, dig further into drugs, or even worse consider suicide when faced with the enormity of your situation. What did you do?
- How long did it take for you to “get back on your feet”? How exactly did you do it?
Here are some questions about Andrew’s views on business, marketing, and leadership:
- When you started your company, The Best Postcards, what were the first few things you did?
- I must say as an outsider, someone with your financial/securities background getting into print seems very odd! I would never imagine that to be the case. I imagine it gives you an outsider’s view of what’s often considered an old industry. Am I right? And if so, why did you pick print?
- Many in my audience are professionals looking to advance in their careers. A two-part question:
- What do you look for in people, in general? To grow to over 700 clients requires an amazing team, I’m sure … so you must do something right when picking your team? What do you do?
- Are you hiring for any specific roles right now?
- Many watching or listening right now are entrepreneurs, business owners, or leaders. I suspect many are re-thinking how they reach their market, given that Facebook and other social media are suddenly no longer as attractive as they once were (we all know what’s going on with Facebook these days). What’s your advice to business owners thinking about how to reach their market given today’s climate?
- I’ve heard that some of your videos were removed from LinkedIn and other social platforms. What happened?
- I saw some of your posts where you took a very strong position against Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. First of all, it was very entertaining. But second, it was also fairly blunt. What’s your motivations behind these videos?
- Selling direct mail / print is not easy for many print companies right now. Yet, you’re growing 20% month-over-month. What’s driving that growth for you? What are you doing differently?
- Something I notice you doing that virtually no other print leaders I know of are doing: You’re leaning heavily into becoming very visible on social platforms, including LinkedIn and other platforms. Why do you do this? What’s your process look like for creating the content you publish?
Brand / Logos
The following links can be used when promoting Andrew or The Best Postcards:
Andrew on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-ettinger-the-best-postcards/
Andrew on TikTok: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AndrewEttingerTheBestPostcards
The Best Postcards on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMftbg5VaaDM_j76BDWWecA
The Best Postcards on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/11794567/
The Best Postcards on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebestpostcards/